Skip to main content

1st Show

So tomorrow I have my first fall show of the season.  As always I am NOT ready.  I may be,but always feel that I am not when the first show of the season starts.  I have not even started on my "wanna, wanna, wanna" do things.  I have been watching Project Runway and I have become very inspired and creative.  I have sketched out a few things, but haven't actually gotten to do them yet because I am still "working" on other stuff.  I am not complaining.  I love my "work".  There just aren't enough hours in the day to do all i want to do.

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings

So the school year offically begins tomorrow and that means I have to start back to "work" on all things creative. YIPPY. What this really means is that I have several hours of "uninterupted creative juices flowing" time to play, because lets me honest. What I do isn't really work, I enjoy it too much. Thanks for stopping by. Ja

Creative outlet

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  First of all I have to admit this is when all of my creative juices run on overload.  I could look at a pile of laundry and get 3 ideas, load the dishwasher..another 2.  My brain goes into hyperdrive.  This is awesome.  I keep my sketch book with me to jot it all down... then comes the hate part.  I have so many ideas that there just aren't enough hours in my day.  Not only are my juices in overdrive, but it would seem that me non-crafty friends are too, because they will ask me to make something for them (to give as gifts), boy talk about pressure.  Do I sound like I am complaining?  Really I am not.  I love the challenge of learning and doing something new.  But who needs sleep anyway?  There is always the Thanksgiving holiday to catch up on some zzzzz's.  I will just use the turkey as an excuse.  :)

The Move

We are moving 3 hours away.  I have my security here. my friends, an outlet for my creative side and people that i connect with.  now that goes away and I have to start over.  On the bright side, there is a stronger artistic community there, but also more competition.  I would be around more artistic minds; individuals that would understand my quirky, creative, and focused side.my creatively driven personality.  When i am in an area with high concentrations of like-minded creative folks, it really feeds my creativity and to be honest my spirit.  Though I fear leaving the "security blanket" that i have knit here, I know that this chapter is complete and I have to start another one. I have windows of opportunity that are opening up, but i feel like there is a lead ball holding me down.  I followed God's instruction and made preparations for this moment, but I am still here, leaning on God, trusting him, but not myself.  I think that i am my own lead ball.  This lead bal