Skip to main content

The Move

We are moving 3 hours away. 

I have my security here. my friends, an outlet for my creative side and people that i connect with.  now that goes away and I have to start over.  On the bright side, there is a stronger artistic community there, but also more competition.  I would be around more artistic minds; individuals that would understand my quirky, creative, and focused side.my creatively driven personality.  When i am in an area with high concentrations of like-minded creative folks, it really feeds my creativity and to be honest my spirit.  Though I fear leaving the "security blanket" that i have knit here, I know that this chapter is complete and I have to start another one.

I have windows of opportunity that are opening up, but i feel like there is a lead ball holding me down.  I followed God's instruction and made preparations for this moment, but I am still here, leaning on God, trusting him, but not myself.  I think that i am my own lead ball.  This lead ball is choking the creativity out of me. the question is, how do i cut it loose?

Popular posts from this blog

Creative outlet

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  First of all I have to admit this is when all of my creative juices run on overload.  I could look at a pile of laundry and get 3 ideas, load the dishwasher..another 2.  My brain goes into hyperdrive.  This is awesome.  I keep my sketch book with me to jot it all down... then comes the hate part.  I have so many ideas that there just aren't enough hours in my day.  Not only are my juices in overdrive, but it would seem that me non-crafty friends are too, because they will ask me to make something for them (to give as gifts), boy talk about pressure.  Do I sound like I am complaining?  Really I am not.  I love the challenge of learning and doing something new.  But who needs sleep anyway?  There is always the Thanksgiving holiday to catch up on some zzzzz's.  I will just use the turkey as an excuse.  :)

A long time gone.

Three years.  Three years and so much has changed.  Three years and so much hasn't changed at all.  I found my voice.  I had forgotten what it sounded like.  I met my children.  I learned what THEIR voices were in all the chaos that surrounded us.  I lost my way for a while.  I stumbled to find my way.  For a while i just stood still.  I didn't move.  I just was.  My creative juices were blocked, clogged, dammed up.  The dam has burst.  Creativity is flowing.  I hear my voice.  I have a pace that i need to set.  One day at a time.  One stitch at a time.  One knot at a time.  One thing at a time.   I have revamped my Etsy stores.  I am starting from scratch so to speak.  I haven't changed what i am doing, just how i am doing it and presenting it to the world.  I am happy, focused, and motivated.  I want all of that to show in my work.  This is my happy place and i want it to be yours too.  My new store motto:  Creations made with my hands to your heart.  I want you to